How many of us have undergone this exact experience: you’re at the store trying to get the best price possible and you find one that appears reasonable. So you buy it and, seemingly without fail, you end up seeing the same darned thing the next day at the store across the street – for half the price!
When you live on a budget (or just like getting the best option), finding that low price is more than just useful; it’s necessary. In a world as saturated with technology as ours, it should be easily avoided. Unfortunately, most price-comparison apps are junk or don’t offer everything that users need. In today’s blog find out how to build a low -price finder app?
This sounds like the premise of a great app idea – with modern tools that can build an app in just a few days, why not create your own low-price app? This very situation is why app development companies like SDI exist; you come to us with your idea and we utilize our extensive experience to make your idea a reality.
According to the research giant Gartner, mobile app revenues are expected to spike to $77 billion dollars by the end of next year. That’s a pretty hefty pie – why not get yourself a slice of it?
There are plenty of apps out there that do price comparison for the tech savvy shopper. Amazon Price Check and BuyVia let you compare brick-and-mortar prices to online prices by scanning a barcode. Milo lets you search what’s on the shelves and PriceGrabber shows you the lowest prices available for searched products.
Unfortunately, there is no comprehensive app that lets you do all of this and there are some really common sense features that could be included in an app of this type. Just think – 80% of shoppers use their SmartPhone to check prices while in the store, therefore a cheap price finder app is a great business.
The market opportunities are enormous and the target population is in the hundreds of millions. Give your app some unique features and make that money. Let’s talk about some winning features that an app like this should have:
- The price comparison is kind of necessary. However, it can be more than just a comparison. In addition to comparing high and low prices, how about using offering reviews as well? Sometimes, something is a lower price for a reason; allowing shoppers to see how other rated the product is a great option.
- No shopping app out there does a good job of leveraging geolocation techniques. Tools like iBeacon can be used to pinpoint a user’s location within a few meters. When those 86% of shoppers are at the store, they don’t want to know they can get that Eddie Bauer couch for cheaper at a store 300 miles away. They want to know if they can find it cheaper within 30 miles. Including iBeacon is a great way to make your app stand out.
- This feature also provides an additional avenue towards monetization. It’s a simple matter for a good development team to create an ad model that pushes notifications of sales and ads of local stores.
- Not only will companies pay well for this feature, but it can be used to drive further engagement with your users. Create customer loyalty by offering coupons and deals to stores near your customer – and drive walk-ins for local retailers.
- Finally, the analytical tools available today make it easy to create a user profile based on aggregated in-app data. Advertisers will crawl over one another to get a hold of this data because it allows them to push highly targeted and customized ads to customers. Just think – the next time you walk past Macy’s, your app could tell users about their Cookware Sale.
How Does App Development Work?
App development can be roughly divided into three broad areas:
- a. This is where you identify the problem, figure out how you’re going to fix it, create your prototypes (wireframes and storyboards) and nail down design. This is both the longest and probably the most important step. It’s where you not only figure out if you have a viable idea, it’s where you design your user experience.
- a. Leveraging tools like PhoneGap an app can be created in a few days. However, the type of app we are discussing here is a big guy – it’s complicated and it does a lot. While PhoneGap is a great tool, there is no substitute for creating your own custom code.
- a. Test, test, and test again. That’s the mantra of a reliable developer. Developers test so much that they develop psychological conditions…okay not really, but sometimes it feels like that.
- Look, no app is perfect when it launches – but it should be pretty darned close. Being bug-free is definitely attainable and should definitely be a goal. But content and design are living entities, they’re always changing and testing continues beyond the launch. Continual testing lets developers create a UX/UI that is as close to perfect as possible. Find out more today how to build a low price finder app or a low price finder website and provide a big ticket solution that many shopper are looking for.
So, ready to get started? SDI has worked on thousands of products with hundreds of clients worldwide. We know how to make the best app possible and get you a huge ROI. Get in touch with SDI’s expert development team for some free advice and lets start on your project today. You can contact us or directly call 408.802.2885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote.